What is RSA Island Village Limited?
RSA Island Village Limited owns and manages the RSA Island Centre. It is a not for profit company, limited by guarantee. This means there are no shareholders making personal gain from the company and is the ideal corporate model for our exemplary sustainable project.
Since the RSA Island Centre opened in 2001, RSA Island Village Limited manages the Island Centre for profit, distributing the funds to local charities. Our business model is very simple:
• Take a for profit entity – in our case the RSA Island Centre
• Run the business competitively to ensure profitability.
• Distribute the profit to local charities via the RSA Trust.
Since its inception, RSA Island Village has distributed over £6M to good causes in Enfield and the wider Lee Valley. Please see the RSA Trust site for more information.
How did we start
The Company was formed in March 1997 and spent its first four years refurbishing the grade II listed Machine Shop at the old Royal Small Arms Factory site in Enfield. This was made possible by obtaining funding and support from multiple sources including:
• The European Union’s KONVER Fund
• English Partnerships
• The Heritage Lottery Fund
• Fairview New Homes
• Commercial bankers
What have we achieved?
RSA Island Village is proud of its many achievements, including:
• Regenerating the Grade II listed Royal Small Arms Factory to create a village centre supporting the residents of Enfield Island.
• Distributing over £6m to our charity RSA Trust
• Supporting community facilities, such as a Youth Club, Gym and doctor’s surgery.
• Creating employment opportunities.
• Assisting with regeneration and diversification.
• Supplying local flexible business units.
• Maintaining the listed buildings
• Interpreting the site’s historic importance
• Maximising leisure opportunities including the canal and canal basin.
• Continuing economic regeneration and business support through self generated funds.
The RSA Island Centre Website Network
The vibrant village centre at the heart of Enfield Island Village, converted from the historic Main Machine Shop of the Royal Small Arms Factory.
The RSA Trust is our registered charity, responsible for distributing the profits made by the RSA Island Centre to good causes throughout the London Borough of Enfield and surrounding areas.
Learn more about the history of the Royal Small Arms Factory and find out how to visit our small heritage centre, in the clock tower of the RSA Island Centre. Over 200 years of history documented here!”